View Single Post

Old November 30th, 2004, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Ending EMDR before completion

Thank you Sandra, I did mean an incomplete course of treatment but your insight on an incomplete session was also valuable.

Dissociation is a correct diagnosis. Sometimes are better than others depending upon the preceding EMDR session. Flooding has been experienced although I didn't know what it was until after it happened.

We do have techniques to turn down the volume inbetween sessions, but I have not heard of containment and stabalization, neither of the examples seem familiar and I do not want to do any research on EMDR because the whole thing is confusing enough. I have not told my wonderful(and I mean it sincerely) psychologist about the protector who is beginning to surface - I will, promise.

However, I am wondering, if I don't know how to contain, how will I "get out" if and when I go into the dark pit?

I do not expect you or anyone else to give theraputic advice but if I have no guidelines, how will I know if my mind will stay safe? Has anyone ever been lost in those dark spaces and not come out? It sure feels like being sucked in sometimes, like being absorbed until there is nothin left of you.