View Single Post

Old December 9th, 2004, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Ending EMDR before completion

Dr.Sandra Paulsen:

Okay this thread explains why my doctor has refused my recent desperate pleas to "do the real work" and fix this mess I'm in. I had a period where I was doing very well. Now I'm dissociating a lot again and experiencing the worst pain. And my head is spinning. I'm glad at least to find out that he was just trying to keep me safe, but what do I do now?

And now, therapy is over for a while. Money issues. Please tell me what I can do to help myself in the meantime until I can get back into therapy. I'm kind of scared to be going it alone. But it can be done, can't it?

I have Klonopin. I'm feeling hesitant to do the knee tapping on my own. Safe place isn't working anyway, conflict inside. I'm also worried like the other poster that the dark places will envelope me. I keep telling myself what you wrote to her, hoping it will sink in. Can I ride this out on my own somehow? What exactly does "stabilization" entail and do you absolutely need a therapist for that?

I know you cannot give out *personal case specific* advice, but any general comments would be most appreciated.

Thank you!