View Single Post

Old December 17th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up Re: The Future of Art Therapy

Martin, I read your article! Wow! I had always seen you as “the quiet continental gentleman” but this article showed me a part of you that was hitherto hidden from my view. You are very brave to share your pain in this public way. I admire it. I also was empathizing with your pain of being rejected for having a different point of view from the majority, who won’t listen. I almost did not make it though my art therapy course because many wished my voice, standing up for the rights of minorities, to be silenced. I think we can not afford the silence we need to speak out and in doing so we will enhance the diversity of our profession. I can write a lot in response but to be honest I rather meet and talk in person. If you are interested we can do it over coffee somewhere. I believe we are two people who for a variety of personal life experiences are outsiders and therefore can see outside the box. I though we can for example write an article together on the way art and writing intersect and move towards each other and away from one another in the expressive arts. I think there are many others who want different voices to be heard in our profession. If you are willing contact me and we will work together. 847-331-8052

Regards, Hoda