Thread: Welcome
View Single Post

Old July 16th, 2004, 05:58 PM

Exclamation Multiple-Personality vs. Schizophrenia...

I work in Arabia... and here, Multiple-Personality disorders r very common. Such disorders r tackled here by the clergy, by whom we r considered lay people...
My Hypnosis training was in USSR, and I do group sessions...
In a seminar, I was supposed to show the difference between MP and Schizophrenia. It was the first time I invite some Schizophrenics and some MPs... they were scattered among the attendees, with most of the attendees not knowing each other...
I thought, in the first part, I would do an induction to hypnotize the group. And in the second part, I will have each member of the group voice out his experiences... having all that filmed, in the next meeting I can point out the differences...
However, after the Hypnosis part, a small break was given... in that break, a an argument brike out between the schizos and the MPs... the schizos being a bit insulting to the MPs, and the MPs threatening to beat up the schizos...
The amazing thing is that the MPs and Schizos recognized each other easily...
The group interfered, and an end was put to that fight...
At another seminar, another group of MPs and Schizos were invited... nobody knew who they were (thinking they r attendees like the rest)... and pretty much the same fight developed...
From my knowledge, Arabic language creates multiple relations, and multiple meanings (u sit = she is named)...
Can such results be generalized to include relations between different cultures?
Any thoughts on why this happened?
Appreciate ur reply...