View Single Post

Old January 17th, 2005, 11:52 PM

Exclamation Re: Request info on definitive study

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Reid
Finally, this is the Law & Ethics forum. If you want to argue diagnostic research, you might want to try a different venue.
Nay, this here thread is quintessential to Law & Ethics for the reasons stated. Our forefathers endowed us with the privilege to opt to defend ourselves publicly before a jury of our peers, in the light of the evidence, against any State accusations. But that right can be summarily recinded if a shrink says the individual is 'incompetent'. My objections are concise, and they are twofold. (1) If you can morally try a person in absentia, which is sometimes done, then you can morally try a person who is incompetent. (2) If the accused individual can prove by a comprehensive written exam that he/she can distinuguish Right from Wrong, and that he/she possesses consummate mental acuity, knowledge and wits; then there is NO reason whatsoever to interlope further, injecting some mortal's subjective evaluations, which may be biased. I am INDIGNANT that you would have me barter for my US.Constitutional right to due process, with some shameless self-important pseudoscientist. That IS tyranny, IS despotism.

edit: If you had to evaluate this individual ((PHOTO OF MAN IN MUSCLE SHIRT DELETED -- WHR)) for fitness to stand trial for some stupid (trumped up?) misdemeanor harrassment charge; would you tend to see him as some loose cannon Hell's Angels wannabe, or would you recognize him as one the nation's leading authorities on Cosmology, hmmm?

Last edited by William Reid; January 18th, 2005 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Photo of unknown person without release