View Single Post

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM

Default Gestalt Therapy Textbook

In January this year Sage published the first major textbook for Gestalt Therapy, titled, Gestalt Therapy, History, Theory, and Practice, edited by Ansel Woldt and Sarah Toman. Brian O'Neill is a contributor to that text, as am I. I am advocating people to purchase a copy (which they can do through www.sagepub.com), but more than that, I am offering to discuss concepts in my chapter (Gestalt therapy in community mental health). I am not open for supervision, as I am busy supervising someone already, I run a busy practice, and I'm involved in other writing, but I will check back here from time to time to deal with people who have obviously purchased a copy of the text and want to discuss it. My hopes are that many will do that because this book is a product of some of the best thinkers and writers in the Gestalt world, including contributors to major Gestalt journals, trainers in major training centers, and theorists who have been developing the Gestalt approach for the last few decades.

Philip Brownell, M.Div., Psy.D.
Sr. Editor, Gestalt! (www.g-gej.org)
Clinical Psychologist, Bermuda

Last edited by Phil Brownell; March 12th, 2005 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake