Thread: discouraged
View Single Post

Old July 13th, 2005, 03:03 PM

Unhappy discouraged

Hi,

I wanted to write a thread because I just returned from my 5th EMDR session and I am getting discouraged. I know that you can not comment on individual cases but I was wondering if you can respond generally. I initially felt that I was making progress but over the last week and a half, I am back to my old anxious/depressed self. It's almost as though the impact has worn off. As well, I am discouraged because I felt nothing after the last 2 sessions. Perhaps just a little down because I hate drudging up the past. I am beginning to think that I am bringing up all this stuff for no good reason and I should just stuff it back down where it belongs. I find that my Therapist doesn't dialog much during the session so I just keep going through the same pictures in my head over and over. Doesn't seem like much. Most of the events we are processing, I believe are small "t" traumas. But I am unsure....just a few incidents of physical abuse and mother leaving. The Therapist knows that I feel we are getting no where but he says nothing about it. I am not feeling better, not feeling much worse (as though I were processing) just down like anyone would be when someone asks about negative childhood events...I know its not getting to the core...

If any other clients out there has had a similar experience but stuck with it and it helped, I would love to hear about it. Especially for experiences with small "t" traumas.