View Single Post

Old August 10th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Default Any advice welcomed... recent graduate

I finished my program last May and have been job hunting since. The pickins are slim, and I am not at all picky. I have applied for all sorts of jobs and lower pays than I ever dreamed I would consider, lower than what I made twenty years ago as an office clerk. I really need to work since my massive student loan payments are now due.

I am getting a bit frustrated. The 3 interviews I have been on this summer all looked like they would pan out, and did not. I have an excellent gpa and great references that never get checked.

I have been considering getting some other credentials to make me more marketable. I considered getting certified in ABA since I have always been interested in working with children with autism (my daughter is HFA). But after searching out jobs for that today, I saw that wouldn't do much more for me.

If you have any suggestions or advice I would love to hear them. I did my internship in a psychiatric facility and there are few (if any?) populations I wouldn't enjoy working with.