View Single Post

Old October 6th, 2005, 03:26 AM

Red face Re: Depression Discussion

I am happy to continue the discussion. Because of confidentiality I feel there are a few problems in discusing case work. How about you outline areas you are looking for insight and maybe I could give my example of how to work from the Gestalt approach. An area of interest for me is looking at the clients process as a contium that can be punctuated by depressive moments and also moments of joy or peace for example. This then asks the question of where is the mood of depression when there is joy and vise versa. Contrasting different states of being develops I feel the work of tracking awareness and noticing what various themes emerge in ones contacting style with both themselves and with thier environment. Are there moments when one might push joy into the ground as it is a fixed way to keep depression figure and is there a contiual emergance of depression as a figure as there remains unfinished business that needs attention? Are there enviromnmental elements that are excluded as they have been dulled into being so mundane they are missed, that contribute to a depressive mood and how might one work to render the invisable elements visable and thus deepen awareness?