View Single Post

Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Life Style Analysis by Adler - A Must Read!

Thread topics are flexible, so this is a fine place to share your response. I'm very pleased that you found Müller and his book so meaningful and uplifting. Liker Adler, he has the ability to fuse deep feeling and profound meaning. Editing Sophia de Vries' translation was a labor of love. Jim Wolf and I first had lengthy discussions with Sophia's daughter Elske Soghikian, who knew Müller and helped us refine the manuscript. Elske shared many fond memories
of him, emphasizing his warmth, gentleness, and brilliance. Jim and I spent many months discussing a multitude of subtle theological and psychologcal issues. Many talks evolved into "peak experiences" -- Müller can have this impact on a reader.

If there is enough interest, we could even start a thread on You Shall be a Blessing. A fine overview of the book can be found at "Philosphical and Spiritual Implications of Adlerian Psychology".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Schaad
G'day and happy new year
I'm not quite sure if I found the proper thread-slot but I urgently need to share my delight in having received and reading Alexander Müller's "You shall be a blessing".
Although I have expected great things, I am still in awe of the man and his view and the way he states it. Including Adler's concepts (like community feeling / striving for a goal) in his thought streams bring a new understanding to them. I'm simply lifted........

Rita