View Single Post

Old February 5th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Help for Borderline /Bipolar

Some of these things might work - some of them might not work. Your guess is as good as anyones.

The reason why noone can really say if they "work" or not is because of hte lack of scientific data to say whether or not these things work.

It is also worth it to note that practitioners of alternative, or new age treatments are often not licensed by a state board, not accountable to anyone, and you will have no recourse if the treatment goes wrong.

This is not to say you shouldnt try something. It is to say that you should do an awful lot of research before you try things. When I say research I mean look for both the potential benefits, and the potential harmful effects before you make your decision.

You should also ask yourself - What is the worst possible reaction I might have to this treatment I am thinking about?

Once you have that answer you can look out for negative outcomes in yourself - anticipate them before they get out of hand. You can also make a more qualified decision when you have as much info as possible.

Da Friendly Puter Tech