View Single Post

Old February 8th, 2006, 02:10 AM

Wink Re: Sleeping with the Client

Sleeping with the Client??? Well I find it interesting as I was once a client of your kind of profession. Unfortunately, I was not one of those boring one, but one that it was impossible to predict.

I smile a lot when I talked about my situation. That smile is a comfort and help me to cope with my fears. However, I was jokingly asked by the therapist to leave the room as there was nothing wrong with me. Again I agree with student that mentioned the cost of therapy yet was not part of consideration.

Anyway, perhaps an honest mention of the boring part may of help to both you and the client. This might not be the case for some clients, but I'm sure some client will appreciate that honesty. It can be a stepping stone for some people to start creating new ideas of explaining themselves let alone find help. My thought about been honest its more likely you are showing that person the mirror of themselves. That was the case for me when a friend who was not a therapist bluntly told me that when I was trying to explain my situation.

Some client probably don't like what they are looking at when you show that mirror and decide, its time to put on another act that might entertain you and stay awake.

Thanks