View Single Post

Old March 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Two Cousins: Francis Galton Site

Quote:
TomJ: And IMO, it's your 'regret module' as described in the . . . thread that seems the least effective. Jim and Margaret are both kind people with strong differing views on this particular subject.
Margaret doesn’t seem to share your POV that Jim is all that “kind”—consider the following MM to Jim exchange from above:
Quote:
I'm afraid I can't see much in your post that refers to my proposition at all. Instead, it displays a barely hidden but deep enmity for those who don't share your views. In this post you have insulted me personally, but in a devious way. If you want to call me an estrogen-guided K-mart thinker, go ahead and do it. There's no need to hide behind such generalized prose.
And Margaret is obviously convinced that Jim’s “attraction to this area”—the “writings of this famous racist” Galton—is something sinister, apparently b/c it doesn’t conform to whatever she deems is an appropriate ideology or whatever makes her feel good.

Additionally, your own preoccupation with what you’ve determined is my ineffective “regret module” seems to be less than benign. Open your eyes Tom—you people are behaving like a bunch of animals.