View Single Post

Old August 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Forum Leader

Default Meta Theory of Forum Hosting

I take a few weeks to chase my psychosis and you all do very well. Sort of an evolutionary thing wherein bottom-up events build cathedrals! Of perhaps a termite mound!

Power laws clearly apply here: they do almost anytime there is mutual influence between participants and, boy, do you folks influence each other!

The trick lies in "influence" and Kuramoto likely applies to all of you. Similar oscillators, no matter how many, draw into synchrony. Implication: you folks appear to disagree in content but are fairly close in abilities. None of you is dumb , each of you spills energy, and none of you is a domain-general processing machine!
Oscillators, however, can not only pull each other into phase but amplify each other. See it a lot in nature and academic growths but the analysts, the ethologists and mired psychologists neglect it.
Keep it up and thanks! You make me look good!

On the other hand, that posting on Kuramoto kicks more ass than average rants about limbic systems and IQ. It points to physical models for the partnerships between critters and settings, between men and women, and even between Maggie and nearly anyone else!

I suspect, but cannot give numbers, that several of you shoot the same arrows regardless of target. Please none of you go away but some of you might live with a different set of assumptions for a while. I'm skeptical, however. Better to keep the mold that already grows in your fridge. You probably chose it. It's a genetic thing...

JimB