View Single Post

Old August 26th, 2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Meta Theory of Forum Hosting

I'm sorry about your psychosis, I hope yours is better than mine .

I generally agree with your forum-hosting philosophy; I know I could not do better. I wish, though, that you hadn't so quickly deleted the Islam post; I had composed this reply:

Hey, if you can prove that the tenets of Islam are absolutely true, I'd be glad to memorize the Koran. And if you could further prove that Muhammad is so insecure that he requires his people to prostrate themselves in front of him, I would out prostrate you every single day.

I think each of them is highly unlikely, though, and that both of them being true is nearly impossible. It's much more likely that one of the many other religions is true, just because there are more of them. It's even more likely that none of them are true, they're just social constructs developed to soothe minds, resolve conflicts (and create others in the meantime), and concentrate power for the few at the top.

I have children and the last thing I would want would for them is to spend a lot of time worshipping me. I'd much rather they concentrate on creating successful, happy lives, as anyone who loves someone else would.