View Single Post

Old October 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the Forum

Hi, I'm Antonio, I'm an italian Gestalt student. I'm very glad to speak in this forum. I'm coming form Sardinia when I'm learning the Psycosocial Gestalt Therapy method. Here, we have to spendt 4 years in a hard training to become a Psycotherapist. I would be very happy if I can speak with someone GT about the method and technique. I'm a Psycologist and I'm a co-operator in some mental-health center here in Sardinia where I can put in practice gestalt method with some kind of patience.
So, I have a question: How is seen by patience of your countries the work in gestalt therapy? I think that is not a stupid question. Here, I live in a island (I donna if you Know where is sardinia....), there are a lot of negative stereotips about psycology and psycoterapist. Here if somone has got a psychic problem is probable that this patience goes to a psychiatrist for a farmacological therapy and not for a psycological therapy. What do you think about this situation? It's common in USA or in other places.
Thanks, and excuse me about my english language. I know only a bit of it.