View Single Post

Old April 13th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Question afraid to try emdr again

I realize that alot of my questions have been answered in the archives that I have read but I feel like i need more information. I tried a session of EMDR quite awhile ago and have been afraid to try again. I have DD but am aware of my ego states and what they are doing, (although it feels like it isn't me sometimes and my memory is foggy). I was diagnosed with DD nos.

When I tried EMDR I was afraid through most of it and had trouble concentrating and staying in my "adult". Like another writer, i also had trouble staying with what i was supposed to be focusing on. I do have ADD though and your comments on that may be something I need to bring up with my therapist. Anyway, after my session I thought I might be okay but i was stuck in a young ego state and felt terrible.. I couldn't function and had to call off sick the next day from work. My therapist says sometimes this happens but i really don't want to have to feel worse than I already do.

I don't say anything when i am trying to get through it but my ego states have lots to say in my head.. My 15 year old is totally resistant and really angry at my therapist It makes it hard or me to "just go with it' when she is saying rude things in my head!! Do I tell my therapist that my adolesent is calling him names or do I just try to get through it?? Do i tell him that my 4 year old is terrifed of him?? These feelings aren't there all the time, (they come and go) but i find it hard to control with EMDR, Well hard to control at other times in therapy too, really. I think maybe i have answered most of my questions myself.. I think that maybe i might just not be ready but i want to do something so badly to start to get better.. I have been in therapy for a long. long time.. I have made a huge amount of progress but I want to speed things up so I can feel better someday.

I like my therapist and trust him.. He is certified in emdr and an authorized faciltator so he must know what he is doing..

I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback on this..

Last edited by stillsearching; April 13th, 2007 at 01:46 AM..