View Single Post

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Smile Re: From the ground up ... an Adlerian primer??

Hi George and Henry,

I recently discovered Adler and must say I have never felt so connected to a theory before. What I love about this approach is that it is not just a theory, but a foundational ideology to live your life. I am currently a hypnotherapist studying Psychology and never felt that other approaches had alot to offer me. I am certainly not disrespecting other schools of thought, I just never found that connection. Just in the short time I have been reading Adler I have discovered alot about myself and it has significantly helped me to overcome my feelings of inferiority. I have a particular interest in drug and alcohol education and therapy and feel Adler has alot to offer in regards to this. I am so looking forward in purchasing the complete clinical set and will be enrolling in Henry's distance certification when I finish my studies. I would also like to encourage any other people who have recently discovered Adler's ideas to post hear as I feel this topic could be a real inspirational learning experience for us. I have also enjoyed the other various topics and believe this could be a wonderful reference point for us students. Unfortunately there is not alot of infomation on Adlerian ideas here in Australia.
Kind Regards,
David Jenkins.