View Single Post

Old October 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: For Fred et al from Mother Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Thank you brother Jim, but I think the only reason I continue to argue/debate so-called atheists is for sport. However, their typical lack intellectual honesty and rigor does grow tiresome.

Fred’s axiom: Atheism is a vacuum, ergo, atheism sucks.

If indeed there is a gene for religion, I’d say it’s probably the same gene(s) required to discover the truth of mathematics and the realities of the hard physical sciences; and not whatever it is that drives zoologist blowhards like Dawkins to blindly believe/accept and preach that a circular notion like “natural selection” is science or truly explains or predicts much of anything.

Asked by a reporter whether he believed that science and Christianity were competing world views, Hawking replied: "Then Newton would not have discovered the law of gravity."
Only because Newton wouldn't have bothered to investigate. He would have said "it's god'swill" and taken a longer nap.

Jim, if you like his arguments so much that you're willing to allow him to write crap like "I think the only reason I continue to argue/debate so-called atheists is for sport. However, their typical lack intellectual honesty and rigor does grow tiresome. ... Fred’s axiom: Atheism is a vacuum, ergo, atheism sucks" then count me out. Unbelievable.

Many a bridge has been spoiled by the troll beneath.