View Single Post

Old November 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Forum Leader

Default More On Fred Directly from Hisself

(as edited a bit! also, an illustration of keeping the options open in both religion and in science, or in this case, medicine. CS Lewis would understand, so would GK Chesterton. Look 'em up on Wiki and branch out. I'm intrigued by the overlap in timing between Fred's difficulties and Washoe's demise...confused angel in charge of pick-up and delivery of souls? Should have called this, "Wahoe dead, Hussey lives")

JB
---------

"Hey Jim,

"Anon said: 'I see that you will probably not have Fred to present his viewpoint. I really
enjoyed him.'

"Say what? I thought she was praying for me? Where's her faith?

"I'm doing much better. I started eating regular food (with prescription enzyme supplements), my BMs are now more or less normal, I'm gaining weight. I'll be tapering off (t)he steroids thru January.

"Next week,Tue, I get an MRI (actually it's an MRCP) that will look at my bile ducts. Hoping there's no blockage, but if there is I'll need an ERCP (endoscope down throat to attempt to fix/stent/balloon/whatever the strictured bile/pancreas duct). They say there's a10% complications rate for the procedure, but I suspect it's higher. Easy thing to screw up. I'd never have the procedure unless I absolutely must.

"What one does in such a situation is find the most skilled Dr. that has done the procedure 1000s of times and has the best success rate. No one in Atlanta. Asked my hepatologist, a crusty, conservative, no-nonsense kind a guy who he'd go to. One of the best is several hundred miles away, which is where I'll go if I need the procedure.

"Don't think I'll ask Anon---"you will probably not have Fred to present his viewpoint, I really enjoyed him"???----to pray for me.

"You may want to mention to Anon that while I understand that her main priority is your salvation, I'm certain that God's plan is NOT that my premature demise would hasten, or have any positive impact whatsoever, on your salvation.... I suspect I may be around a few more years, although spending less time on EP and more on PSC & UC & IBD.

Later,

Fred"