View Single Post

Old April 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Default Cognitive Behavioral Self-Regulation Software

I am creating a software application that will ideally help people using it gain a better understanding of their lifes and how to get more enjoyment out of it.

It is a Windows desktop application as well as a Mobile device application that can be carried on PDAs, cellphones, etc. Both versions of the applications will interact feeding on each other's data.

At the core of the program is the concept (widely used in the corporate world) of data mining and business intelligence. I am trying to connect these concepts with clinical psychology theories, mainly Cognitive-Behavioral and Gestalt Therapy as well as other theories in Information Processing such as Gaming Theory. Some Eastern philosophy concepts on mindful Buddhist meditation will also be applied, along with micro/macro economic concepts such as value & supply/demand applied to individual psychology. However the core theortical background is Congnitive-Behavioral, mainly Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.

I am looking for a proper place to discuss my development, concepts, ideas and advancements in both the psychological background of my project as well as technical environment (it is being developed in Microsoft.Net using the object-oriented C# language).

Any suggestions regarding the proper place to discuss this are very appreciated. Also, any interest in discussing my development here or in any blog/wiki/forum site is very welcome.

Thank you!

Javier Guillen
javiguillen@hotmail.com