View Single Post

Old April 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Default Ben Stein’s Expelled

Just saw Expelled. Among other things it’s about biologists/academics that fall out of favor with the neo-Darwinian establishment/academia for entertaining the possibility of intelligent design----i.e. Einstein’s “spirit manifest in the laws of the Universe [that is] vastly superior to that of man,” and/or Max Planck’s “mind that is the matrix of all matter.”

Great flick. Well done, funny at times, and thought provoking, and I’d say much better and certainly a more objective documentary than any of the crap that Michael Moore produces.

However I doubt most neo-Darwinians will like it b/c they generally come off looking like the intolerant and substandard academics they typically are, driven far more by their atheistic worldview than by actual hard science, evidence, and logic. OTOH, I must say that the neo-Darwinian atheist William Provine, the distinguished evolutionary scholar who sits in an endowed Chair in biological sciences at Cornell, is brutally honest about how neo-Darwinism inexorably and unavoidably engenders atheism and the unpleasant implications of that atheism. (He’s also brutally honest, elsewhere, about the neo-Darwinism’s empty natural selection language.)

The uber-atheist neo-Darwinian Dick Dawkins also acknowledges that neo-Darwimism inexorably engenders atheism, but he looks rather daft when he responds to Ben that space aliens may have started/designed life on earth----IOW, Dawkins is acknowledging that life here on earth may have been intelligently started/designed after all, in spite of his and the neo-Darwinian insistence elsewhere that only non-directed natural selection explains life (obviously here on earth b/c I doubt any neo-Darwinians have studied/investigated life on other planets), and that any inference of design is an illusion.

I give it five out of five stars.