Thread: Hillary's Blurt
View Single Post

Old May 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Forum Leader

Cool Hillary's Blurt

I sent the following to WABC, 770am radio, this morning. My note was a response to suspicions from the audience that HC might have intended to trigger a shooting. Couldn't resist!

JimB

========
re: Hillary's Blurts

Mark Simone WABC 5/24/08 7:45am

Mark,

Thanks for your attention to the possibility of Bill C's having residual damage from his cardiac impairment.

As for Hillary: Her baseline is that of irritability, anger, spite, defensiveness, and acquiring territory despite her also acquiring enemies.

These qualities are seen in narcissists and more than a few males when they are mildly depressed. Anger emerges rather than tears.

Hillary has been so different for several months that I cannot believe she has made the change simply through will power, not even through her incredible will power.

Peter Kramer's influential book, Listening to Prozac, described similar changes: "rejection sensitivity" tended to disappear and people spoke up more at meetings and in elevators. I've seen many such. I must consider the possibility that our girl has been taking an antidepressant and, therefore, is not only less irritable but blurts more, lots more...just a guess!

Probably oughta give MAC some!

Thanks for your show and your constant presence on WABC.

Jim Brody, Ph.D.