View Single Post

Old June 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Introjected perps

Sandra,

I do realize that this is an EMDR website and that I am a bit off-topic but my Therapist would like to use EMDR in the future. As far as I can see, that will be quite awhile. We did it once and the results for me were truly tramatic. It was like being victimized all over again. Like being forced to comply in silence. It took me days to get over it. I was dissociated for a long time and that is a painful state to be in.

You are the only one who I have found who talks about introjected perps and that is the only thing that makes sense to me. I have never been a mean or evil person but sometimes my thoughts are really sick and it scares me that I could even think that way. They are detached thoughts, coming from somewhere "over there", and I beleive that they are from an introject. It is very hard to work with my alters because there is so much I don't know about them and I can't usually call them up at will. They usually just appear.

I know you are speaking in general terms but could you answer one more question for me? I think I am not the only one who has a feeling of disbelief about the whole ddnos thing. I feel as though I am a drama queen and am making everything up (even when i see from my own experiences of when an alter comes up that there is no way I could fake it). I feel fear and sometimes terror. Is there a way for me to beleive that it is real? I have trouble working on something that I don't truly beleive in.

There is not much info on ddnos. I think the experience varies so greatly and is not as defined as DID..And there is no info on introjects. I will wait for your book.. I wish it was out now