View Single Post

Old February 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Forum Leader

Default Re: DID/PTSD Recovery with EMDR-its benefits and speech for Survivors & Therapists

I appreciate your courage in posting this to inspire others. I also want new readers here to realize what I often have posted elsewhere on this forum - that EMDR for dissociation and complext trauma (like ritual abuse) usually requires specialty procedures - an advanced protocol - not the standard EMDR protocol. EMDR practitioners treating ritual abuse survivors should know aobut those special procedures to keep the EMDR safe and appropriate, effective. There are several books available about EMDR and Ego State Therapy now. Forgash & Copeley (I wrote the DID chapter), Luber (in press, I think it is volume II tho, going to the printer today, there are several chapters in it for treating dissociation, I wrote one of them) and my own book, Looking Through the Eyes of Trauma & Dissoication: An illustrated guide .... which goes to print this week as well (written and illustrated by Paulsen).

So now there are lots of avenues for guidance for practitioners treating complex cases with EMDR! Great news!