View Single Post

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Superiority/Inferiority

Thanks so much George and Paul for your gracious replies. I am looking forward to visit ‘Behaviour online’ often to stay in the loop and nurture my interests.
As I might have mentioned earlier, my only knowledge about Adler’s Theories comes from the “Classical Adlerian Quotes” I’ve downloaded from the net. For me this is just enough food for thought to digest over time and I find it to be a treasure chest. When coming across such detailed information, written a century ago, I wonder why not more of these concepts have made their way in to the mainstream of thought. We seem to have great difficulties in separating the wheat from the chaff – meaning- that many educational and/or political programs are making so many mistakes and end up going round in circles – no real progress being made.
But I do see, having personalities evolve and mature in their own space/time frame is a laborious undertaking.
As a ‘Lay-Therapist” (forgive me this presumption) , trying to understand and accompany my fellow earthlings when ‘passing by’, there are many potholes to trip into.
Personality Types are fascinating and I find myself looking at all sorts of Theories (Enneagramm, Kersey’s temperament sorter and more). I agree with Mr Adler, that these are but ‘fictions’, guiding lines along unmapped territory –but for the moment interesting to work with.
Many Adlerians (Müller ..) and their understanding as well as many of Adler’s quotes have left deep impressions and I’m happy to have found a way to share them.
Actually I think, there could be quite an avalanche waiting to happen –(it’s all those mountains Paul…) but I trust your combined and seasoned wisdom to catch me when I fall….
Rita